Friday, September 3, 2010

What a HOOT!

I have this thing for owls...it's kind of new, but I have secretly liked them before they were cool. I started my collection with Oscar and add to it when I can find one.  I was at some random garage sale when I found Pip.  So cute, kind of weird, but then again so am I.  This was only .50 cents!  Yep under a dollar. I was able to use some paint I bought for Oscar, but decided it wasn't the right color for him.  It is perfect for Pip!


I think you are supposed to put a candle underneath so the light can shine through the holes, but I don't think it's safe now that I have put a little "sparkle" on it.  Because of the holes I had to paint the inside.










Yes that is a sock on my hand....I painted the day before and now three days later I still have the paint on my hands. I didn't think it would be OK to be checking in patients with black, white, and blue paint not to mention the walnut furniture stain on my hands. It worked pretty good actually so NEW USE FOR SINGLE SOCKS! I am so thrifty... The bottom picture is my favorite, if you look closely you can see my little tosies with the chipped pedicure.  It's all the rage right now guys it's OK to be jealous.  After about 3 coats here is what little Pip looks like.



And here he is with Roger. I LOVE my budding Owl collection. What do you think?




 

No comments:

Post a Comment