Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Whoooo! doesn't love a bargin?


This Saturday I went into "town" to pick up some burgers for Brian and I  from the local Cafe. It was so dang hot there was no way I was cooking. Crescent comes alive with garage sales on the weekends and Saturday was no exception.  One of my favorite stores is open only on Friday and Saturday.  It is a complete junk/hole in the wall and I was almost eaten by a spider, but I was able to get some wonderful treasures!  Everything I bought needs to be revamped, but for only $15 and a near death experience can you blame me for being excited?  I found this little owl that was from the 60's I think. It is 20lbs of solid plaster and  concrete (OK so maybe it's just plaster, but dang is it SOLID). I could definitely see me  shattering my foot if it's ever dropped.  I passed right by it at first because it is a bit rough, but at second glance I saw it just needed a little love, and I have a lot of  love to give. The lady was asking $10 for him ( I know right?) I offered her $3. Ladies and gentlemen meet Oscar...





I am kind of in love with the etched flowers, leaves and hearts.  I know I can't keep him this color because it does not go with my house and his feet/claws disturb me. They look like worms.  So I did my old standby and gave him a coat or two of white.




I think I his finished color will be a mocha brown, sage green, or a bright red. I'm pretty sure I can paint over any color I don't like.  What are your feelings on Oscar's final color?

Keep looking for all the other goodies I found on Saturday. I will link to this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment