Friday, September 3, 2010

Oscar is feeling a little blue...

I have posted a few times about my favorite thrift store find Oscar you can read about him here and here.
Well folks he is FINALLY finished! I am so in love with this little guy. I added Pip to my growing owl collection and they get along splendidly. Below are some before, during and after photos.



I loved the flower and leaf carvings and could not leave the store with out him. It's a bit too Brady Bunch for me so I gave him 3 coats of white as a base (it took a lot to cover up the brown, black and red)



After I let Oscar dry for 3 days I painted him the color I ended up using on Pip, but the second the paint hit Oscar it bubbled and started to look like orange peel. As you can imaging I WAS TICKED!  I decided I didn't like the color enough to "deal with the finish" so I stripped him down to the base.



Pretty rough.  After stripping and scrubbing I had a base I could work with and painted him this beautiful deep sea blue.  OBSESSED with how he turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment