Monday, June 28, 2010

SAVINGS! SAVINGS! SAVINGS!

I recently discovered Garage Sales, Thrift Stores and Thrifty Shopping. I am hooked!  I love that I save so much money and that I can get AMAZING things for next to nothing!  This is what I scored on Friday.  I went to EARC (a thrift store that helps the disabled and the handicapable).  I am redoing my kitchen and have been coveting a farmhouse sink for years, but I WILL NOT spend $1500.00 on a sink when I can do the entire kitchen for less than that.  So while I was in the HOT HOT sun, I found a sink.... Kohler, cast iron, 2 sinks, 4 holes, PERFECT CONDITION.  Below is a picture from Lowe's website. It's not the exact sink but so dang close.

 I paid 25.00 for this sink....Lowe's sells it for $563.55.  A total savings of $538.55  I know, I am in shock as well.  But wait there's more... 




I found this beautiful 15 light chandelier at a garage sale for $25.00....Lowe's sells the EXACT same one for $380.58.  A total savings of $355.58!   Hold on to your seats because I have one more bargain.





I found this little beauty on the clearance rack at Lowe's for $11.99...It is originally $44.98, and if wonders never cease when I got to the counter it rang up as $9.99!  That's right ladies and gentlemen a total savings of  $34.99.


I am just tickled pink at all the wonderful deals I got this weekend.  I am going to spray paint the chandelier a silver because my house is silver, and I have to buy the light shades for the bathroom fixture, but I totally came out ahead.  If you aren't a math whiz (neither am I, thanks calculator) I spent roughly $60.00 and saved a whopping  $929.12!!

No comments:

Post a Comment