Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Painted Pitcher

Per the usual I was checking out all the killer blogs I follow, and I came across this amazing idea from Monkey See - Monkey Do I knew I had to do this. All my dishes are white and I have been collecting white bowls for years so this would fit right into my evil plan.  I started with a $3.00 pitcher and bowl set from The Goodwill (my fav).  I set it on top of a 2X4 so air could circulate underneath.

HIDEOUS RIGHT?!

I can't believe I am going to paint over such beauty...ugh.


I painted them with a $1.00 can of spray paint from the Dollar Store and sprayed until my little hand cramped up and I feared I wouldn't be able to use it anymore.







Pretty SWEET right?  I took these inside and let them dry overnight and the next day I took a can of window cleaner and turned the pitcher upside down so I could get all the darker parts I missed the day before.




I decided to paint on my deck we are tearing out this summer instead of the driveway...there were questions and disapproving looks.  Next time I will use a base primer and a more expensive can of paint because on the 2nd coat there are little crackles in spots (I thought I was going to have an apoplexy, but decided that it looked rustic and like it was supposed to look like that) well not really, but there was nothing I could do to fix it so you know "silver lining".  I am pretty excited about how it turned out and can't wait to do more, after I get the use of my right hand back. I am so investing in one of those spray paint guns! I absolutely love how this turned out! It looks pretty close, only smaller to the one my dad bought for my mother. He paid $160.00 at an antique store...and he is known as the "money saver" at my house pashaw!


Please disregard my horrid couch. I haven't learned how to sew yet, but I have big plans for a slipcover!















No comments:

Post a Comment