Monday, August 30, 2010

I'll Stand by You

This was a total and complete impulse by from Goodwill.  I was in the check out line and on top of the racks I saw this little beauty.



 For only $1.99 I could not pass it up!  Solid wood people (I have no idea what kind, my father could tell you)  I had big plans for my new candle stand.

I started with two coats of white spray paint.  It was 0.97 from Wal-Mart.




I let it dry for about 5 hours and then with a cloth, rubbed stain all over. I don't have a picture because I was by myself and had stain all over my hands.  I let the stain sit for about 10 minutes and then wiped, wiped, wiped. I let any remaining stain dry for a few more hours and then took a sanding block to it and TA DA!




I was a little worried that I got a little sand happy, but looking at it on my shelf and with things, I think it is perfect!  I LOVE this and am not ashamed to say I am a little obsessed with it.  So for about $3.00 I have an amazing new piece.  (I already owned everything else for this project)

No comments:

Post a Comment